Exhaust System Repair
Your vehicle’s exhaust system is designed to keep dangerous engine gases out of your passenger cabin, reduce emissions, and muffle engine noise. If you notice your vehicle failing in any of these areas you may require exhaust system repair. If you experience a significant decrease in gas mileage it may also indicate an issue with your exhaust system. Likewise, if components of your exhaust system (such as the muffler or manifold) are rusted or loose, they should be repaired promptly. Automotive Diagnostic Specialties (ADS) in Chandler specializes in exhaust repair service and can quickly identify issues and repair them to get you safely back on the road.
Our ASE-certified technicians will perform an inspection of these important components of your exhaust system:
- Oxygen sensors – Most vehicles have sensors to monitor oxygen levels in the exhaust (too much or too little oxygen in the fuel mixture can negatively affect your fuel economy).
- Catalytic converter – Located between the manifold and muffler, this part converts carbon monoxide and other gases into less harmful material such as water vapor and carbon dioxide.
- Exhaust manifold – Centralizes all the harmful gases (i.e., carbon monoxide) that are produced by your engine.
- Exhaust resonator – This connection to the exhaust system muffler through a hollow tube reduces engine sound.
- Muffler – Features a network of tubes, channels and chambers to deflect sound waves and dampen engine noise, along with aiding in further removing exhaust gases from the engine.
- Tailpipe — The exit point in your exhaust system where converted gases leave the vehicle.
- Tubing and seals – The key components to keeping harmful gases contained within your exhaust system.
If an exhaust system problem goes undetected or is ignored, it can often evolve into a much more serious, costly problem. Let ADS Auto Repair’s technicians inspect your vehicle and identify any issues to keep your vehicle safe and running optimally. If you suspect an issue with your exhaust system, contact ADS Auto Repair in Chandler, AZ at (480) 961-8704.